VEGAN RESTAURANTS AMSTERDAM WEST
Amsterdam West is bursting with fun tents. At almost every corner of the street you can have a nice drink with friends or a bite to eat. The nice thing about West is that it is nice multi-culti with a laid-back attitude. You will find a cool mix of small shops that sell everything, interspersed with restaurant hotspots. Yes, Amsterdam West is foodieproof. And then we have not talked about our favorite hipster coffee shops, cool concept stores, and vintage boutiques!
Amsterdam West actually consists of different neighborhoods. All worth discovering, but a place that you certainly should not miss De Foodhallen, located between the lively Kinkerstraat and the Bellamyplein. Or go for a stroll in the markets that are often held on Sundays at the Westergasfabriek. Shopping is done in Amsterdam Old West in the cozy Jan Pieter Heijestraat and in De Baarsjes on the Jan Eventsenstraat and the Admiraal de Ruijterweg. Do you like to go discovering? Go Yolo in Bolo: the up and coming district Bos en Lommer.
During the summer period in Amsterdam we usually have many vegan food festivals starting from May until late August where you can find different vegan food stands. You can easily find vegan raw food, vegan indian food or vegan thai food for example on these food festivals so you never get bored!
Below this thread you will find your way to some places that we recommend going when you are visiting Amsterdam West. Also make sure to follow our blog which goes a bit more in detail about experiences, recipes and tips to make your live easier.
5x Vegan Restaurants Amsterdam West
- DopHert: At DopHert you can order not only the tastiest cakes, but also delicious burgers, gado gado, scrambled tofu and granola bowls. Oh and fries with mayo! You will find DopHert near the Westpark.
Location: Spaarndammerstraat 49H, Amsterdam – dophertcatering.nl
- Alchemist Garden: Vegan hotspot on the Overtoom. Delicious vegan pies and they also often organize various events such as Jazz nights.
Location: Overtoom 409, Amsterdam
- Mastino V: Mastino V on the Bilderdijkstraat is just a bit different than Mastino you know from de Pijp. They all have vega (n) pizzas at this pizzeria. Not only tasty, also healthy and gluten-free.
Location: Bilderdijkstraat 192H, Amsterdam – mastinopizza.nl
- Meatless District: The first in our list of vegan restaurants in Amsterdam is Meatless District. Enjoy summer rolls here, followed by the MD Burger with grilled eggplant, gherkin, tomato, red onion, lamb’s lettuce served with farm fries and mayonnaise while enjoying a vegan wine. Cheers!
Location: Bilderdijkstraat 65-67, Amsterdam – meatlessdistrict.com
- Lettuce: A hotspot that should not be missing in our list of vegan restaurants in Amsterdam is Sla. For a vegan meal you are always at the right address here. Different locations, Amsterdam – ilovesla.com