Quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa) is an annual plant from the amaranth family (Amaranthaceae). The species occurs as an adventurer in the Netherlands. Quinoa occurs naturally in South America. The cultivated variety has been an important food source on this continent for a long time. Below you can find a vegan quinoa recipe on how to make a delicious burger with it!
Vegan Quinoa Recipe
- 300g steamed beet root
- 1 packet 1 onion
- Finely diced 4 garlic cloves
- Crushed⠀1/2 tsp cumin⠀
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika ⠀
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt⠀
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked⠀
- 1/4 cup wholemeal bread crumbs⠀
- 2 tbsp flax seeds + 3 tbsp water,
- let thicken for 5 minutes⠀
- 2 tsp lemon juice⠀
- Puree the beetroot roughly in a food processor and pour into a bowl.
- Fry the onion and garlic until fragrant, then add in the cumin, paprika and salt.
- Fry another minute then add cooked mixture into the beetroot.
- Add the quinoa, breadcrumbs, lemon juice and flax egg and mix well.
- Add more breadcrumbs if mixture is still a bit wet.
- Form 5 patties from this mixture and bake on a parchment-lined baking tray at 180C for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.⠀
- Enjoy with some guacamole and sweet potatoes in a toasted bun! Enjoy!
You can find other interesting articles about Vegan Recipes on this page
Other interesting vegan blogs for you: