The potato (Solanum tuberosum) is a plant that stores an energy supply in the form of starch underground. The starch is stored in man-eatable stem tubers, which, like the plant itself, are called potatoes. The potato is the most important food crop worldwide after rice, wheat and corn. With this vegan potato recipe you won’t be disappointed!
Vegan Potato Recipe
- 1 cup chickpea flour also called garbanzo
- Bean flour (120 g)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour/starch (60 g)⠀
- 2 oz fresh baby spinach leaves (60 g)⠀
- 1 – 1 1/8 cup water (240-270 ml)⠀
- 1/3 tsp salt
Baked Fries Recipe:⠀
- 1 large baking potato⠀
- 1 tablespoon olive oil⠀
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika⠀
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder⠀
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder⠀
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder⠀⠀
- Process all ingredients in your food processor or blender until the batter is smooth.
- Use 1 cup of water if you plan to make thicker/smaller tortillas for tacos.
- Add about 1 1/8 cup of water if you want to make thinner/bigger tortillas for e.g. burritos.⠀
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into a non-stick skillet. You can add a few drops of oil to the skillet but I made the experience that the tortillas turn out great without oil. Make sure to use a non-stick skillet.⠀
- Cook for two minutes on low-medium heat, flip the tortilla and cook on the other side for about one minute.⠀⠀
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).⠀Cut potato into wedges. Mix olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder and onion powder together. Coat potatoes with oil/spice mixture and place on a baking sheet.⠀Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven. Enjoy!
You can find other interesting articles about Vegan Recipes on this page
Other interesting vegan blogs for you: