If pizza is not the most famous Italian dish, then certainly the second most famous. This dish, which was originally ‘poor people’ food, originates from Napoli. There they were the first to combine tomatoes with a dough consisting of flour and water. How what about vegan pizza? Below we have a delicious vegan pizza recipe for you which you can use to make vegan pizza by yourself.
Vegan pizza recipe
- Pizza dough
- 2 cups all purpose flour or gluten-free flour⠀
- 3/4 cup warm water⠀
- 1 tsp raw cane sugar⠀
- 1 tbsp olive oil⠀
- 1 envelope active dry yeast⠀
- Mix water with the cane sugar, yeast, oil in a measuring cup and whisk until combined. Let sit for 2 minutes. ⠀
- In a large mixing bowl combine the salt and flour and make a well in the centre. Pour the yeast mixture into the centre of mixing bowl and using a wooden spoon mix together to form a rough dough.
- Turn the dough out on lightly floured work surface and knead for 10 minutes or until the dough becomes smooth and elastic. Oil a large bowl with olive oil and place dough into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Leave the bowl in a warm place to rise until it has doubled in size. Preheat oven to 250 celsius/475F. Punch down the risen dough and roll out dough to 10 inch circle. Place rolled out pizza base on the large baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and spread the tomato sauce on your pizza crust, add the toppings and back to the oven bake for another 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. And enjoy straight away.⠀
- Topping: jackfruit confit & tomato sauce.
You can find other interesting articles about vegan recipes on this page
Other Interesting Vegan Blogs for you