Pasta dishes are often easy and quick to prepare and you can endlessly vary. Pasta is warm, but also cold in a salad for example. There are many types of pasta such as spaghetti, lasagne or penne, but also gnocchi or tortellini. Pasta is easy to combine with other ingredients. Below you can find a garlic mushroom pasta recipe which is delicious
Vegan pasta Recipe
Ingredients you need:
- 1 lb pasta (I used brown rice spaghetti)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 2 cups unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (more to taste)
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside and toss with a little melted vegan butter, coconut oil or olive oil to prevent sticking.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of vegan butter over medium high heat. Add one clove of the crushed or minced garlic and saute for a minute until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown and softened. Set aside.
3. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of vegan butter to the pan and melt again over medium high heat. Add the garlic and saute for a minute until fragrant. Add the herbes de provence. Add the cashew milk and nutritional yeast whisking to incorporate. Let the mixture simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
4.Toss the sauce, pasta, and mushrooms together. Add extra cashew milk as needed to keep the sauce from getting too thick. Stir in the parsley just before serving.
You can find other interesting articles about vegan recipes on this page
Other Interesting Vegan Blogs for you