When you think of vegan food, you may think of carrots, broccoli and green smoothies. Sweet cakes, chocolate biscuits or cheesecakes will not pass your mind as quickly. However, a little bit of research shows that there are so many tasty sweet snacks to make, even without butter or cream. Below you can find the recipe on how to make a delicious chocolate figs cheesecake:
Vegan Cake Recipe
- 400 g raw cashews⠀
- 160 g maple syrup⠀
- 20 g lemon juice⠀
- 10 g shredded coconut⠀
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil⠀
- 3 tbsp melted coconut butter⠀
- 3 heaped tbsp cacao powder⠀
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder⠀
4 fresh figs + some more for decoration⠀
- 140 g almonds⠀
- 40 g pecan nuts⠀
- 35 g shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup⠀
Note: you can soak the cashews up to 24h prior to using them. Simply take a big bowl, fill with he nuts and filtered water. Have in mind that the nuts will soak up water so leave room for that.⠀
- Take your food processor, add the almonds and pecan nuts. Pulse them until you’ve almond flour.
- Add the other ingredients for the crust and mix again.⠀
- Take a 8 inch cake pan and line with parchment paper. Press the cookie crust evenly into the pan and set aside.⠀
- Wash and half four figs.⠀
- Cover the cookie crust layer with the halved figs. Set aside.⠀
- Drain and wash the cashews. Add to your blender along with the other ingredients to the filling. Blend well.⠀
- Pour the cashew layer into your cake pan and freeze the whole cake for at least 6 hours. Preferably over night. Remove from the freezer one hour prior to eating. This cake holds up to 6 months once its frozen.
You can find other interesting articles about Vegan Recipes on this page
Other Interesting Vegan Blogs for you
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!